Majors and Minors
The Math Department offers majors in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, and Elementary or Secondary Math Education, as well as several combined majors. If you are considering a math major, you can make an appointment with a mathematics faculty adviser at any time to ask questions and explore various options. We encourage you to do so as soon as possible in order to establish a plan of study. To find an appropriate adviser for your desired program, go to the Faculty Directory and select an advisor emphasis.
- B.A. Mathematics
- B.S. Mathematics
- B.S. Applied Mathematics
- B.S. Statistics
- B.A.E. Elementary Mathematics Education
- B.A.E. Secondary Mathematics Education
- B.S. Biology/Mathematics
- B.A.E. Chemistry/Mathematics (Secondary Education)
- B.S. Mathematics/Computer Science
- B.A. Economics/Mathematics
- B.A.E. Physics/Mathematics (Secondary Education)
The Math Department offers minors in Mathematics and Secondary Math Education. Students planning to take Woodring’s MIT program in order to be credentialed as a secondary math teacher should consider doing the minor in secondary math education rather than the math minor.