Math 197C + Math 112 Corequisite Courses and How to Register for Them
- Qualify with an ALEKS score of 30-34
- Choose the sections that fit into your schedule
- Register for Math 197C and Math 112 by adding the CRNs for both at the same time
Math at Western
The Mathematics Department at Western provides a curriculum in pure and applied mathematics and statistics, and course sequences relevant to students in the sciences, engineering, education, and other disciplines.
The goal of these programs of study is to equip all of our students with the conceptual understanding, computational skills, and persistent disposition required to use quantitative reasoning and analysis effectively in their personal and professional lives.
We aim to promote and sustain:
- an environment that fosters creativity, critical thought, enquiry, and active learning;
- equity, inclusion, and diversity amongst our staff, faculty, and students, aiming to increase participation from groups that are historically underrepresented in Mathematics;
- the continued growth of faculty as both teachers and scholars of mathematics with active programs of research and professional involvement;
- opportunities for close interaction between students and faculty, both within and beyond the classroom, including student mentoring and research opportunities.
Core Math Sequences
Axiom 1. Mathematical talent is distributed equally among different groups, irrespective of geographic, demographic, and economic boundaries.
Axiom 2. Everyone can have joyful, meaningful, and empowering mathematical experiences.
Axiom 3. Mathematics is a powerful, malleable tool that can be shaped and used differently by various communities to serve their needs.
Axiom 4. Every student deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.Federico Ardila-MantillaAssociate Professor, San Francisco State University